I spent Saturday and Sunday at the Sydney Rubinius sprint, and it was quite productive. Not only were local beers sampled, but we also got some good work done.
Lincoln Stoll helped me shake the last bugs out of RubyGems, so we integrated it into Rubinius. We decided to make it a subcommand rbx gem like rbx compile or rbx describe. There are still a few things broken in RubyGems, namely installing gems with extensions because mkmf.rb doesn’t work in Rubinius.
Lincoln also pointed out and gave me patches for a few backwards-compatibility problems with RDoc, so now both RubyGems and RDoc work on Rubinius.
Upon my return next week I’ll be cooking up a release of RubyGems with a handful of bug fixes and persistent connection support for RubyGems’ HTTP fetching which will make those incremental updates quite a bit faster.comment
Comments are disabled